These are just a few of my thoughts about the Scandal Season 4 premiere. Is’s not really a recap; I thnk that Awesomely Luvvie does the best recaps. She is funny and insightful, and did I mention funny? Back to Scandal…for those who thought Season 3 was just meh, this episode was so good. It was All That. It was IT! I was switching my allegiance back and forth the entire episode:
– Ojake, I think/wish/hope Olivia should&would just give Jake a real chance but we know it won’t happen, Jake from State Farm is the Rebound Man…but I also think they have good chemistry. So until she and Fitz reunite as Olitz, I am on team Ojake
– Randy-don’t-give-a-Huck (his “Next Customer” reminds me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld…”No soup for you, NEXT!”) I’m going to start saying it when someone gets on my nerve…NEXT CUSTOMER! It’s a reminder that there are more people who can occupy my time. See how you can learn from Scandal?
– Redhead Abby was on fire (pun intended); that is all
– Musty Mellie – YASSS!
– Papa Pope = Papa Pinocchio
– Olivia is BACK
– Jake from State Farm can get it!
– When Olivia and Randy/Huck were going back and forth I was hollering with laughter at those two, especially when she purposely broke the phone and he just calmly gave her paperwork to fill out. Two seconds later I had tears in my eyes when he said “when you come in here, I have hope and Randy does not hope”.
– When Mellie was lying on that grave..I was, as Luvvie says, UNABLE! Tears tears tears
– Cyrus and his hair are two separate characters now; and they summed up the exact viewer feelings on Olitz…”let’s not pretend we don’t know how this ends”
– Back to Mellie when she said “it’s 1976 down there” – she don’t give a whatwhat, she nahkir (say it with the West Indies accent…naaaah kiiir). Mellie doesn’t care about Jack!
– Back to Olivia at the end when she did the feminist speech of LIFE while doing the Gladiator Walk of Slay past her forbidden, distant lover (cue the Marvin Gaye song)
Whoo-hoo this episode had me on an emotional roller coaster of feelings! Loved the end when Olitz walked past each other and everyone else disappeared…until they shaded each other like they were each invisible…except for those fingers reaching for each other, and the self-satisfied smirk they both had. HAWT!
Countdown to Olitz 2.0!